The National leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, in a public appearance on Saturday, confirmed that he never travelled to France as rumoured earlier this week.
Meanwhile, during a courtesy visit to the residence of the Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-olu, Mr Tinubu also addressed the rumours when questioned by a journalist.
“I didn’t go nowhere. I’m a Lagosian and I still hold the title of the Asiwaju of Lagos and I’m still the Jagaban,” the APC Chieftain said.
“They said Seyi, my son, kidnapped, here he is,” he added, pointing at Seyi Tinubu, the owner of Loatsad Promomedia Limited, an advert company based in Lagos.
It should be noted that Many Nigerians have accused Mr Tinubu of being a major player in the shooting of unarmed protesters by soldiers at the Lekki toll Plaza on Tuesday night. Not less than 16 lives were lost to the incident according to Amnesty International, a global human rights organisation.
Although the Lagos State Government and Mr Tinubu had denied knowledge of the killings and promised to investigate, several persons questioned the removal of the CCTV cameras and putting off streetlights before the shooting started. Speaking to journalists on the shooting, Mr Tinubu said casualties of Lekki Shootings have some questions to answer too.
“How are they there? How long were they there? What kind of characters are they?” he asked on Saturday.
PhGossip had reported how prominent people including Presidents and citizens of other countries have continued to condemn the attack on the unarmed protesters.